The Manual Handling course will help raise awareness and develop the knowledge and skills regarding ‘manual handling techniques’.
The course covers the following key areas:
- What does ‘manual handling’ mean?
- Types of injuries
- Risk assessments
- Safe systems at work
- Safe handling techniques
- Guidelines for lifting and lowering
- Team handling
- Mechanical aids
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate types of injury that may be caused
- Recognise the correct position and grip for manual handling operations ie:
- Select suitable methods of manually moving loads based on size, weight and shape
A short question paper will be completed to reflect the learning outcomes.