The international standard that specifies a process for controlling and improving an organisation’s environmental performance. ISO 14001 is an internationally accepted standard that sets out how you can go about putting in place an effective Environmental Management System (EMS). The standard is designed to address the delicate balance between maintaining profitability and reducing environmental impact; with the commitment of your entire organisation, it can enable you to achieve both objectives.
What’s in ISO 14001:
• General requirements
• Environmental policy
• Planning implementation and operation
• Checking and corrective action
• Management review
This means you can identify aspects of your business that impact on the environment and understand those environmental laws that are relevant to your situation. The next step is to produce objectives for improvement and a management programme to achieve them, with regular reviews for continual improvement. We can then periodically assess the system and, if compliant, register your company or site to ISO 14001.
Who is it relevant to?
Environmental impact is becoming an increasingly important issue across the globe, with pressure to minimise that impact coming from a number of sources: local and national governments, regulators, trade associations, customers, employees and shareholders. Social pressures are also building up from the growing array of interested parties, such as consumer, environmental and minority non-governmental organisations (NGOs), academia and neighbours.
So ISO 14001 is relevant to every organisation, including:
• Single site to large multi-national companies
• High risk companies to low risk service organisations
• Manufacturing, process and the service industries; including local governments
• All industry sectors including public and private sectors
• Original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers
We can provide you with the following:
• Gap analysis against your current working practices and systems
• Implementation from writing of the system to accreditation with your chosen assessment body.
• Maintenance of existing systems
• Updating of current systems