Level 4 Higher Apprenticeships in Advanced Engineering Manufacture (High Grade Technician / Engineer) take on average around 30 months to complete. It is expected that you have relevant Level 3 or above qualifications, or completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering.
You will spend time at college / training centre (day release) and be mentored and assessed in the workplace to demonstrate a range of higher competencies and capabilities in your chosen discipline.
Research, Design, New Product Development and Introduction, Engineering and Manufacture, Council for Administration, Business Improvement Techniques are the unit pathways available.
You need to achieve the following components:
- Level 4 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Manufacture
- One of the following Technical Certificates –
- HNC (Higher National Certificate)
- HND (Higher National Diploma)
- Foundation Degree
Pathways available for level 4 framework:
- Nuclear Related Technology
- Mechanical *
- Mechanical (continuation of Pathway 3) *
- Electrical / Electronics *
- Maintenance *
- Wind Generation
- Research and Development
- Space Engineering
- Rail Engineering
* Only these pathways are currently available through Appris
To find out more about the Higher Apprenticeship in Engineering, contact Dean Coleman-Walker, Business Development Advisor on 01274 668149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.