The Hand-arm Vibration Awareness course is designed for personnel who use portable hand held and fixed equipment which emits vibration.
To clearly understand hand-arm vibration syndrome
What is hand-arm vibration syndrome?
- Types of tools and equipment that emit vibration and can lead to HAVS and VWF
- Health effects caused by over exposure and symptoms
- Employer duties
- Manufacturers duties
- Exposure levels
- How to reduce the risks
- Regulations that apply
It will be explained how:
- Vibration is transmitted from work processes into workers hands and arms
- It is caused by operating hand held power tools, such as angle grinders, sanders and lawn mowers
- It is caused by holding materials being processed by a machine such as a pedestal grinder
Delegates will understand how using certain tools & equipment in the workplace can cause ill health to the individuals who use them.