The BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training replaces the Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
Candidates who are aiming to teach or train in the further education sector including those wishing to work in adult and community learning, work based learning as well as teaching in further education.
30 Hours Appris guided teaching (4 .5 days – ½ day induction, approx. 1 day per fortnight) which will include a 15 minute micro teach session and written assignments.
- Identifying how to meet learner needs
- Identifying ways to offer effective support for learning
- Enhancing learners access to and participation in programmes of learning
- Motivating learners and fostering enjoyment of learning
- Identifying and implementing the appropriate methods and strategies for teaching and supporting learning and learning objectives
- Developing effective communication and interaction skills
- Designing a teaching and learning session
- Understanding assessment theory and its application, forms and methods of assessing learning
- Creating the opportunity to practice self-reflection and evaluation
There are no formal entry requirements; however candidates will be required to have a reasonable standard of literacy and ICT in order to complete the assessments.