BS OHSAS 18001 is the recognized assessment specification for occupational health and safety management systems. It was developed by a selection of leading trade bodies, international standards and certification bodies to address a gap where no third-party certifiable international standard exists.
OHSAS 18001 has been designed to be compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, to help your organisation meet their health and safety obligations in an efficient manner.
Managing risk to reduce accidents, comply with legislation and improve performance
Many organisations are implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System as part of their risk management strategy to address changing legislation and protect their workforce.
A Management System promotes a safe and healthy working environment by providing a framework that allows your organisation to consistently identify and control its health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance and improve overall performance.
The following key areas are addressed by OHSAS 18001:
• Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
• OHSAS management programme
• Structure and responsibility
• Training, awareness and competence
• Consultation and communication
• Operational control
• Emergency preparedness and response
• Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement
OHSAS 18001 can be adopted by any organisation wishing to implement a formal procedure to reduce the risks associated with health and safety in the working environment for employees, customers and the general public.
We can provide you with the following:
• Gap analysis against your current working practices and systems
• Implementation from writing of the system to accreditation with your chosen assessment body.
• Maintenance of existing systems
• Updating of current systems