The UKATA approved Asbestos Awareness courses is a must for any employee whose work activities may expose them to asbestos containing materials.
- What asbestos is?
- Hazards of asbestos
- Different forms of asbestos
- Premises where asbestos may be found
- Occupations who are at main risk of exposure
- Asbestos diseases
- Precautions before commencing work activities
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- General emergency procedures
- What asbestos looks like/where it can be found?
- Guidance and publications.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Relate to legislative compliance concerning the safe use of ‘asbestos containing materials’
- Reduce the risk of exposure to asbestos
- Raise awareness to the potential hazards of asbestos
- Take precautions before working near asbestos
- Know where asbestos can be found
- Identify the different forms of asbestos
- Gather information before starting work