The Prevent duty is the duty in the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 on specified authorities, in the exercise of their functions, to have due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism. As Appris is defined as a specified authority, we continue to increase our knowledge on the subject. As such, all staff, Trustees and apprentices will be completing this training over the coming months.
The e-learning training programme is a perfect interactive tool to help improve knowledge of security and counter terrorism measures:
- Suitable for everyone – especially those working in a crowded place environment such as retail, entertainment, sport, places of worship and more.
- Easy to follow, short modules show you how to prevent and deal with terrorist incidents.
- Takes just 45 minutes to complete – all in one session or in stages to suit business needs.
- Registration is free – there is no charge or ongoing commitment.
- Help protect yourself, your staff, visitors and the wider community.
For more information, including how to sign up, visit NaCTSO.gov.uk. ACT Awareness e-Learning is a joint project between Counter Terrorism Policing and the business community.