The 17th edition of the Wiring Regulations came into effect on 1 July 2008 featuring many significant changes since the last edition.
The 17th Edition changes mean that all commercial, domestic and industrial wiring installations must be designed, constructed, inspected, tested and certified to meet the requirements of BS 7671: 2008. The four day course is suitable for practicing Electricians who need to update from earlier editions of the wiring regulations, or for newly qualified Electricians who require the qualification to prove competence. Alternatively others who are in a similar trades or supervisory roles, and have some electrical experience or knowledge, such as Plumbing and Heating Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, and Engineering Supervisors or Managers.
- Legislation and legal standing
- Statutory and Non Statutory Documents
- Familiarity with layout, and understanding of regulation numbers
How to navigate around the book.
- Part 1, Scope, Objective and Fundamental principles
- Part 2, Definitions
- Part 3, General Characteristics
- Part 4, Protection
- Part 5, Selection and Erection
- Part 6, Inspection and Testing
- Part 7, Special Locations
- Appendices, how to interpret tables and charts
- Practice exam papers
- Mock exam
Online assessment with results immediately upon completion.
This exam is open book, in order to complete the course and exam, the candidate MUST have their own copy of BS7671:2008(2011) ISBN Number 97818419192699, and a non-programmable calculator. Candidates will also need to provide photo ID prior to taking the exam.