The 17th Edition Wiring Regulations 3rd amendment update (2015) course would be of benefit to practicing electricians, contractors or those in design or management of electrical systems to identify the major changes contained within the 3rd Amendment 2015 and their effect within the existing wiring regulations.
The publication of the latest version of Electrical Standard BS7671 takes place on the 1st January 2015.
The enforcement of the content within this latest edition will be required for all electrical installation designs, construction, Inspection and testing from the 1st July 2015.
Current practicing electricians are given 6 months (to 30th June 2015) to revise the new regulations and make any necessary adjustments to your area of working methods.
- Why the regulations are being updated.
- Changes to the numbering system.
- Change to the definition – Competent person.
- Documenting risk assessment when RCD’s are not necessary.
- Change to Zs values (Cmin)
- Use of metal consumer units in domestic installations.
- Protection against overheating
- Compatibility with the EMC directive.
- Wiring systems in escape routes.
- New section 775 – Auxiliary circuits.
- Update to RCD’s in bathrooms.
- New section 714 – outdoor lighting.
- New section 715 – ELV lighting.
- Changes to certification.
All delegates must hold a 17th edition qualification achieved on or after 1st January 2012, certificates must be produced prior to course start date.
City & Guilds 2382-15 Requirements for Electrical Installations incorporating Amendment 3.